Monday, January 12, 2009

The Last Semester

It feels very strange to write this blog as an 8th- and final-semester college student. In a few short months, I'll walk across the stage of the Greek Amphitheater at PLNU and shake Bobby B's hand. I don't know if I'm ready to graduate, but regardless of whether or not I'm ready, in mid-May I'll be out of college and onto life in the real world.

While it feels like such a long time ago when I attended NSO and went on my first date night at Loma (see pictures below!), when I look at my college experience as a whole, it's really flown by. I know everyone says this, but college will fly by so fast. It really is crucial to take advantage of every opportunity you have to create friendships, further your knowledge, and prepare yourself for life after college, whatever that may look like for you.

Calen and me at NSO 2005

Hendricks 2nd North (H2N) date night, Fall 2005

As I start my last semester here at Loma, the sun is shining and it's an unbelievable 79 degrees outside on January 12. It feels incredible, and I have been so fortunate to spend my four years here at Point Loma. It's a little scary as graduation approaches, but there are several things that I'm taking advantage of as this time of transition approaches. First, I'm meeting with a counselor from our Wellness Center to just talk over my thoughts and feelings about graduating. Second, I'm taking a Strengths class offered at the church on campus. Third, I'm going to be asking a lot of advice from some of the professors I've grown close to over the last four years (as well as my parents!).

I'll probably do more, too, but this is where I'm starting. PLNU offers some great resources to help its students in the two big transitions we experience, both at the beginning and at the end. I don't have everything figured out by any means, but I'm not stressing about it, either. It's been such a great experience here, and I think this last semester is going to be one of the best! I'll keep you updated with all the cool stuff I've got going on along the way!

1 comment:

nikki j said...

awww baby spencer and baby calen!

Blog Archive