Monday, November 17, 2008

Break-ins and Bond premieres


Friday night was a wild night.

My roommate and RA, Calen, decided we should get some guys from our Flex building to go see the new Bond movie Quantum of Solace. So we got five of us together and went to the 9:15 showing on Friday. But naturally, as with any college event, you can't just go to the movies. You have to make it an adventure. So we dressed up (four of us, at least) in tuxes for
the evening.
(L to R) Blake, Sean, Nathan, Calen, and myself. Nathan was undercover.

I swear I was wearing a bow tie earlier (and not a clip-on - mine was the real deal) but it was seriously 87 degrees in the theatre so I had to take off a few layers. Fortunately, the movie was the shortest Bond film ever. Otherwise I might have been arrested for indecent exposure by the time the movie was over.

We watched the film (which we all agreed was a very good Bond movie, despite some critics saying otherwise), and got quite a few strange looks throughout the evening. As we were leaving, one guy asked us why we were wearing tuxes. We told him we had just come from a wedding, and we all really wanted to see High School Musical 3, but it was sold out. So we settled for Bond. I think he half believed us.

When we got back, Calen and I returned to our apartment to discover it had been broken into (lesson learned: always lock your doors). Apparently some girls who claim to be our friends thought it would be funny to ransack our apartment for no reason at all.



They claimed it was retaliation for us allegedly water ballooning them, but these are obviously baseless accusations, and they have no proof to back up their claims. But hey, I understand their need to have selfish fun at others' expense.

Check out the music video for the theme of Quantum, which I think is awesome, even though Jack White does kind of sound like a girl. And if you get the chance, go watch Quantum in the theatres and let me know what you think!




No comments:

Blog Archive